Friday, December 10, 2010

The Purpose of Being Sick

Sometimes your body says "Just STOP" I am there and its both restful but frustrating because there is sooo much to accomplish! Decorating I should do so I have Christmas at home. Shopping to do so I can get a box or two off in the mail. Then there are work related projects, its Advent after all! I did get the Advent Devotion completed, ended up doing three printings! I participated in Bethlehem Walk on Sunday, the local TV news came through and I was on the local news! Of course they did not broadcast my lines, I was a Rabbi. There are extra hours at the Hospitals too. I missed the Christmas lunch there! grr I hate missing out of food. However, I am stuck at home with no voice, and a cough. The good news is I don't have a fever, don't "feel" sick. Just low and squeaky voice, with periods of tiredness and the occasional cough attack. It is improving but slowly. I guess my body is saying it needs rest, no on-call, no meetings, no 12 hour shift. Just research online, reading blogs, napping, catching up on a book about Quantum Theology. more napping, feeding my news Habit and more napping. BORING, I'm ready to go back to work.

No comments: