Friday, August 26, 2011

Go Away Irene!!!

Today I have to remind myself what it is about about this area that makes me want to live here! Hurricanes are fearsome, unpredictable, just plain dangerous to person and property! We expect 6-12 inches of rain = flooding, major high tides = more flooding, high winds 60 to 80 miles and hour = down trees and power lines. AND the storm does NOT come on shore here! So we prepare, canned food check, water check, batteries check, radio check. Oh and since I work at a Hospital, I will be there for the duration of the storm. possibly 2 days! At least I will have generator power there! Better food than I could at home under the circumstances...maybe.

Irene is 700 miles wide sustained winds of 115 miles an hour as of this writing. The picture below is what one looks like.


No comments: