Thursday, March 15, 2012

Feeding the "Pig"




 The Story of my piggy bank.  As a child I always had a piggy bank, as an adult I have put the change from my pocket in a mug or cup.  A good habit to develop! When it got full, I would roll it and either deposit it to a savings or use it for something. Several years ago, I found a large size piggy bank on sale, and bought it.  I just kept "feeding" it until it was full, almost a year's worth of change.  (Also I never pass up a coin on the floor or ground, it feeds the pig)

I had been saving to buy a large screen TV for sometime, one was on sale, but also a surround sound and Bluray.  I did not have quite enough saved.  Then I remembered I had not emptied my bank in quite some time. You would think I hit the jackpot!  It held enough along with my savings and a paycheck with extra hours, to buy the TV, Surround, and Bluray! ALL ON SALE! It paid to wait, save, and time my purchase for the closeout sale. 

Since then, I keep feeding that pig, almost everyday.  Whenever I empty it, I think of that purchase and how even pennies add up to make a difference. Patience, discipline pays off.  So I happily feed the pig. 

No comments: