Tuesday, February 12, 2013

The Pope to Resign!

Yesterday's news, but I had to comment.  I am not Catholic, but as a Protestant who knows many who are Catholic, this is really big news.  The first time in 600 years a Pope who is resigning. It has taken the world by surprise!

 
 
My hope for the next Pope as a Protestant, gay man.
 
I hope the next Pope is more progressive than any there has been in decades.
I hope the next Pope is able to at least crack the door to making the Catholic church more open, accepting, and affirming of the LBGT community.
I hope the next Pope is open to discussing allowing Priests to marry.
I hope the next Pope is open to discussing Women as Priests. 
I hope the next Pope is from Canada or the U.S.A.
One can only HOPE!
 
Oh and apparently the picture above is indeed real! Ponder that one!
 

No comments: