Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Happy October

Its October already! Where has time gone? I remember when I was a child, I was always excited when October came...because of Halloween, dressing up and trick or treating. It was fun and I think it still is. As an adult, I have rediscovered Halloween in the last few years. You see when I was in a fundamental place, Halloween was dispised as a night for the devil and evil things.  in those and many christian circles it still is. Now we still did fall festivities to provide a safe place for children on Halloween night but it was viewed differently.

A few years ago I was on staff at a church that had an All Saints day service, which was a new experience for me and helped me rediscover Halloween. Last year for the first time I participated in Trunk or Treat at my church, you should have seen the elaborate decorating of the trunks, it was fun and most of all a ministry to the kids and their families.  I'm going to participate again this year. Since it is October, I'm including a video by Timbaland I think is appropriate for October. I like Timbaland, he is down to earth.  I hope you enjoy it.

No comments: