Thursday, February 2, 2012

Happy Ground hog Day 2012

I enjoy February, it means the seemingly dead of winter January is over, there is a looking toward spring.  Plus in Feb. we have today Ground Hog Day, Washington's birthday and cherry pie, and of course Valentines day. My mother used to make a chocholate cake in a heart shaped pan for valentine day.  It was a tradition, as was a cherry pie on Washington's birthday. Oh the pleasant memories...

Today Feb. 2, 2012, the ground hog predictions are mixed, Phil saw his shadow, more winter, the on Staten Island and General Lee in the south did not see a shadow, so less winter. It will be interesting to see which one actually happens? 

Either way, I think there will be payback for all these nice warm days we have had.  I do feel for those who make a living in winter.  You know the snow plough drivers, ski resorts, even the teenagers who shovel snow.  However, the lack of cold and wintry weather enabled myself and my sister to travel to our mother's side before she passed away from us.  That was a blessing.

I say Happy Ground Hog day to you!

No comments: