Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Post valentine Day Thoughts

Yesterday my mother's memory was very strong. Our mother's are our first Valentine after all, a mother's love transcends all but agape.  Each Valentine, my mother would bake a delicious chocolate cake in a heart shaped pan. Usually with pink icing,  it was special.  That is a memory I will carry with me and think of each February 14th for the rest of my life. This year it was a memory filled with both sadness and also sweetness. 

Yesterday was also a day where several friends reached out in different ways and cared for me. that was special.

So day by day, piece by piece I continue the work of grief, (which is really just beginning) as do the members of my family whom I think of daily. Each day is better in some way, some days are hard at times, but this too shall pass and cherished memories will remain.  I am glad to say amidst the grief through prayer, Scripture, devotional time there is peace.

Thank you for reading.

No comments: