Sunday, April 15, 2012

The First Sunday

Today is the first Sunday not employed at a church. I chose not to go to church today. I slept in, then had a leisurely breakfast watching morning news programs and reading the paper.  Then I spent time reading Scripture, praying, and singing a few old hymns.  So I had church on my own, just my self and God.  It was nice, peaceful, and worshipful. Yet being in community is still important, but its not always possible.

Now, next week I am going to begin traveling down a list of churches I want to visit. Different denominations, I want to visit a ELCA church, I hear they are open and affirming. I know there is one Episcopal church in our area that is open. As well as several UCC churches.  I'm going to look on Gay church .com (www.gaychurch.com) to see what other churches in the area I might wish to visit.  Not sure where this traveling or church hopping as it were, will lead me. I am willing to be led.  led by the Holy Spirit.

No comments: