Thursday, August 30, 2012

I'M BAAAK...I THINK

Please excuse my absence from the blogoshere of late.  With the move and work schedule, I have not had much time for blogging.  Yet my mind races with things to blog about, so over the next few days I will attempt to blog these.

First, there is work!  My work schedule is crazy, I have been asked by more than one person how I keep track of it and how I do it.  The only answer I have is, I just do it.  Then usually pay a price for privately, either by not being available or physically able to do something I would like to. Fortunately, I have been blessed with a couple of good friends who seem to be able to get me out and about when I really need it. My work hours are either feast or famine, right now I'm in a "feast'... but  I am sooo tired. Last night was the first night in several weeks I was on call that I did not have even one call.  However, I was up and out at the crack of dawn to work, and the pages started as I was en route.  Then it was one crisis after another up until my relief arrived. I did not have the chance to round on the patient floors. So since I had the opportunity to leave early I did,  and napped for a few hours.

This feast will continue through the weekend, with an 8 hour in house shift tomorrow, then on-call through Saturday morning.  Then two 10 hour in house shifts, ending the weekend with an on call shift.

Next week the new CPE students start so the feast will end.  I just hope to be able to maintain the regular hours I have. I also hope to be able to substitute teach some. it would be different from anything I have done, and who knows where it might lead.

Stay tuned for future issues!


 

No comments: