Saturday, October 20, 2012

In Memoriam

Tonight I had a phone call, my Aunt Denyse passed away this afternoon. She was 87, 10 years younger than my mother.  For her it was sudden and quick, for us it is sad. Though she lived a good life, was active till the very end.  Its the end of an era for my family.  Though I was not close to my Aunt, she was the one of my Mother's siblings I related with the best. For the most part, I have good memories of her.

This has been a difficult year so far, for a number of reasons. The thought went through my mind what else is going to happen? In my heart I know whatever tomorrow brings I am not alone, I have those around me who care, and I have faith that I know the one who holds tomorrow.  as my mother would say, "we must soldier on." 

That is what I will endeavor to do...soldier on.

                                                                 Denyse Morrow
                                                                    1925-2012
                                                                              




  

No comments: