Sunday, November 3, 2013

A Healthier Me

For several years I have been on a quest to lose weight, and I have.  I have gone from about 230 to as of today 167.5.  Recently, I have embarked on a regimen of exercise and better eating.  I eat five smaller meals a day. I have been walking a mile a day most days for awhile.  Recently, I increased that to  two miles during the week, and three on the weekend.  In the morning I doing stretching exercises and push ups.  In the colder and rainy days, I will go to the fitness center at my apartment and walk the treadmill, and elliptical machine and at least two times a week  lift weights.  I am not trying to become Mr. Muscle but be healthier, physically able to perform my work and enjoy my life.

Two encouragers I have are my employer, through an extensive wellness program. Including a website where I log my walks, and other exercise and earn badges for things like 7 day work out, getting a physical, and things like that.  If I do the primary things they say I should, I can earn $900 in healthcare expense money. The second encourager, is my friend who is on a journey of losing weight and being healthier himself.  In fact he has a blog about it, you can view it here, http://www.madfatmandiary.blogspot.com/  Give him encouragement if you like.  He is making great progress.  He uses my fitness pal.

So as part of my journey, I will keep on moving forward in my health quest, education quest, my vocation, and my life!  I hope you do too.





 

No comments: