Monday, October 25, 2010

A Great Project

The It Gets Better video project is a great and amazing project. I listened to a number of the videos I noticed the number and range of people participating is of a wide variety. The President, Secretary of State, religious leaders from differing backgrounds, including Gene Robinson. Then there are the regular folks who are willing to share their stories of how it gets better. All in an effort to give hope and encouragement to anyone struggling with their sexuality, and thinking of harming themselves.

you can view them at http://www.youtube.com/user/itgetsbetterproject#p/f/571/zpOq1HMDQKw or Google "it gets better if that does not work"

I struggled for years, but thankfully never got to the place where I considered harming myself. When I finally did get to the place where I accepted myself, the peace I experienced is indescribable. It truly does get better.

There will always be tyrants, and bullies, but we can change how we allow them to impact us. Perhaps one day gay bashing in any form will become a hate crime in every state and locality.

1 comment:

Robin Larkspur said...

Raising awareness is an important part in this battle to be accepted. THe more positive videos, books, movies magazine articles, etc the more the news will get out.I hope lots and lots of people will see the video!