Friday, January 21, 2011

Friday Musings

After a brief foray into the 50's, the thermometer is starting to plunge again. A cold front came through last night and whisked away the warmth. One nice thing is it took the clouds with it! At least the predicted "rain/sleet/snow" never materialized. It moved north for all those in New England who have already had more snow than is typical in winter.

One interesting point, Yesterday I noticed a flock of Robins in the apartment yard. Wow back so soon? Just passing through? Does this mean an early spring? Well who knows.
On another note, I attended a meeting last night at a Hospital for which I work. Chaplains are an interesting bunch! I heard another Hospital (not in a system I work for) Is looking for a flex pool Chaplain. Its close to my apartment, but I'm not interested. Its only 8 hours a week, plus some on call. The interesting thing is they have had 50 or more applicants. People seem to be working hard to get into this field, but around here the jobs are few and you can forget about full time.
With Healthcare Reform? Budget cuts? Who knows

1 comment:

Robin Larkspur said...

Don't count on an early spring!! Dont know what is up with those robins! I cant believe 50 applicants for that job! wow! and only 8 hours. You are definitely in a good place with your hours/jobs...your foot is firmly in several doors! Stay warm and safe! Oh, it is minus 12 here this morning. Robin.