Monday, June 25, 2012

Monday Medley

Today is a tired day, as I just finished what unintentionally became four days of 12 or more hour shifts. Only one was meant as a twelve, the others became twelve (or longer)with calls and crisis added to the day.  Today I seek rest, relaxation, prayer, good music,  at least one good comedy. Eat something good, and generally recharge. I think I am wrung out.  I love the ministry I work, but it can be draining at times.

I will share one thing, something that evokes a range of emotions and thoughts in me. That is seeing, hearing, experiencing our local emergency medical helicopter.  It's a strange set of emotions to experience all at the same time.  Its exciting, awe inspiring, terror invoking, and action provoking.  A great deal of the time the result is successfully satisfying.  The Trauma team does great work. I am proud to work with these professionals when I have opportunity.


Today there are two songs I've heard that I like, and seem to have meaning for me today. One by Gym Class Heroes "Fighter" the other by One Republic "Good life" both feature Ryan Tedder (One Republic)  Again I do not endorse any advertisement that may appear before the video.

First  http://youtu.be/bxV-OOIamyk


Second  http://youtu.be/bxV-OOIamyk

1 comment:

Robin Larkspur said...

Trauma teams are unsung heroes. I can imagine how the sound of the copter coming in must cause that adrenaline rush.