Monday, July 2, 2012

Happy Birthday To My Sister!!!

Yesterday...a day late here.  My sister celebrated her 60th Birthday! That is a milestone yet still young. I both texted and called to wish her a happy day. Turning 60 today is not like 20, 30, or even 40 years ago. Its viewed differently. Today 60 is the new 50 or some refer to it as the new 40. 

We had an uncle who lived to almost 100, and our mother always said, Uncle Joseph's best years were AFTER 60.  I think it was because he enjoyed life, work and family. As they say he came into his "own" at 60.

Of course I have to say that it has much to do with one's view of  him or her self.  How they act and react in and to life. I know people who act old and are old at 30. 

To me there is still much to see, experience and accomplish. 60 is young. 

Happy Birthday!  Thifty and Nifty 60

1 comment:

Robin Larkspur said...

Very nice story about your family. Your sister, I am sure, is a sensational 60 years, full of life, happiness and hilarity!