Wednesday, September 5, 2012

My Last Word on Chik Fil A

My last word on Chik Fil A.  I find it so interesting to think about the various aspects of this controversy.  Consider the belief systems of both sides that drive strong feelings and reactions. Consider the political debate about the issue of gay marriage in our country.  Consider the financing of lobby groups, political candidates, anti-gay marriage groups, and those who support gay marriage. Consider how we as a  gay community spend our hard earned dollars with companies who have negative or positive policies based on sexual orientation. 

My friend and roommate, who follows this blog, gave me the following cartoon about this

 
Again consider the belief system of this owner, and we have to ask what makes us in the gay community so surprised and outraged enough to protest, boycott, this company?  To be honest, I always liked their product and did not think about how my sexual orientation would be received.  Nor considered how the money I spend there might be used politically against me.  Yet I was not surprised by the statement of the CEO. So many seemed to be surprised.  I have to ask, how many franchisees, and employees of this company are gay? How are they dealing with this? or does it even concern them? I'm sure it did not surprise them.
 
 
A second picture I gleaned off  a blog I follow, Micheal In Norfolk, his blog is in my blog list.  check his blog out, its very informative.
 
 
I don't know where he found this picture or where  this store is or if it was photo shopped, either way I  find it offensive. If a real store sign,and I had been a customer here, I would not be again.  That goes for any company that purposefully propagates hate of any kind toward any individual or group. Hate takes on many forms.
 
So for the foreseeable future, I do not plan to eat at Chik fil a, unless I REALLY want their waffle fries.  I can get a good chicken sandwich elsewhere.
 
Hate of any person or group in any form is not of God, is not "Christian" and I cannot support a hate group or company. Nor can I hate in return but I am only human. So when I see hate like this, I have to figure out a healthy way to respond. This blog is part of that. 
 
 

No comments: