Friday, September 20, 2013

Happy Birthday to this Blogger!

Historically for this blog, I post Happy Birthday in  honor of my family and friends, its a fun thing to do.  Well today is my birthday! So happy birthday to me.  I am old enough, just old enough, no not gonna say how old.

Usually on my birthday I pause and reflect, today is no different. The difference this year is my I am looking more to my future with a positive outlook.  Grief, although still present and will be, does not have the hold it did.  I continue to experience peace with myself about my sexuality, and I am glad where I am with that.  I am still relationship focused which has been a downer, since it does not seem to be happening, and I am not trying as hard as I used to find someone. I am glad for the friendships I have be able to form!

My career is moving in the right direction, I still enjoy my work, although its hard and stressful at times being present in other folks crisis.  ( I say that having just finished a 24 hour plus workday)  I have a renewed vision for where I hope to be in a few years.

My health is good, I am thankful for the example and encouragement of a friend, I am changing some eating habits, and exercising more.  I want to stay as healthy as I can and its my responsibility.

As a person with faith in my life, in fact my career is closely related to my faith. I reflected on some
Scripture I use as life verses, thinking about the early days of my life. Here are a few of them...



5 "Before I formed you in the womb I knew you, before you were born I set you apart; I appointed you as a prophet to the nations." Jeremiah 1:5 
 
  11 For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the Lord, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Jeremiah 29:11
 
But by the grace of God I am what I am, and his grace to me was not without effect.  I Corinthians 15:10
 
For it is by grace you have been saved, through faith—and this is not from yourselves, it is the gift of God— not by works, so that no one can boast. Ephesians 2:8-9
 
These verses are a few that inform me as to who I am. I was born to be me, given the personality I have, formed to be a gay man, born to know and be known by God, called to serve the way I serve.
Thanks for reading!
 

2 comments:

Rick Modien said...

Happy birthday, Topper.
I sincerely hope this is the year your life is transformed by a wonderful man walking into it and giviing you the love you deserve. Wouldn't that be the best b-day present ever?
All the very best.

Unknown said...

Thank you Rick! It would be an Awesome gift!