Friday, January 8, 2010

2010 The Year Ahead

First, moving forward in my education and professional life is at the forefront of my mind for this year. I want to make real progress toward my degree and have something completed by years end.

Its time for me to be certified for Bereavement with the Association of Death Education and Counseling (ADEC), I put it off too long thinking I "need" a degree to do that. So the next exam is in November. Until then I have to work on the remaining CEU's I need. They require 60 I have 45, I'm either going to take a college course (3 credit = 45 ceu's) or take a seminar that is in February and then a series of courses online with the Hospice College. I have to plan for this both in academic preparation and financial preparation.

Certification will be a plus with opportunities for added hours leading support groups and memorials. It may even open a door for a Bereavement Coordinator position with a Hospice or some such organization. Its really so simple, I should have done it long ago.

In addition, I want to take the Miller Analogies Test, there are two testing sites locally, I just have to find out when and how much it cost so I can prepare for it as well. This will help me get into the graduate programs I hope to start. I feel led to apply for admission to a Master of Theology at St. Leo University. I have written about this before. Its not the M.Div, its much shorter, I have not accomplished much of anything toward that degree. I think it shows its time to take another route. Counseling is still a goal, but the theology program needs to be first.

I am praying for the Lord's direction in my financial life. A plan for giving, saving, paying. I want to house to be in order in 2010. I may write more about that later.

My new car runs well, I drove all weekend and only used a half a tank of gas. Very Good.

No comments: