Friday, January 29, 2010

Big Question: Is it gonna SNOW?

Ok at least its the big question in theses parts. They predict snow then it either rains or it does nothing at all. All week the weather people have been saying this is going to be a snow EVENT??? What does THAT mean??? We average maybe an inch of snow a year around here, lots of times it turns to ice... I hate ice except in my tea. an inch of snow shuts this town down!

Today, Ive heard we are getting between 2 inches and a foot of snow. A foot of snow is a lot for this area. earlier in the week it got up to 70 degrees! now we are getting up to a foot of snow? Another thing the robin birds are back, its early this year. a foot of snow?

All my life I've heard if you don't like the weather in Tidewater, wait five minutes and it will change. This should be an interesting weekend!

Oh one other thing, a friend and I went shopping last night, i need a new umbrella, I found one I was tempted to buy. A rainbow one. My friend asked if I was gonna buy it, then asked if I would use it. he was worried that I would..use it. He is concerned about the places I go using a rainbow umbrella, concerned I would out myself to the wrong person, and or be bashed. I was still tempted to buy it.

2 comments:

Vic Mansfield said...

We've got about 6 inches, and it's still snowing. All night long, they say. And tomorrow too.

Eric said...

I've found that not everyone always equates rainbows with being gay. IMHO, you would only be advertising yourself to other gays, and perhaps straights who know what it means but are open-minded.

My advice? Buy the umbrella.