Friday, May 18, 2012

Facebook Friday!

Today is the day investors have waited for with anticipation. The pundits at times seem to be talking out of both sides of their mouths.  Oh buy FB on its open, No wait till the aftermarket, No you don't want to buy in the aftermarket, buy in 2 weeks. Others  say they would not touch it at all. Just depends on who you listen to.

For me as a tiny investor, IF I can buy just a few shares of this stock and hold it, I hope it will increase much like Apple, or Google.  For me the key is a longer term view, for instance if my parents had bought 10 shares of Johnson & Johnson in 1944 when it opened, and held them those shares would have made millions over time. 

What I hope to do, is place an order this morning for a few shares at a mid price point, and be able at complete the sale when the stock goes public.  Then hold that position and see what happens. Along with my plan, IF the stock price warrants it, buy more shares in the future. At the same time be flexible enough that IF the stock soars in the short term, be open to taking profit.  These are big IFs, as with any plan.  Depends on how things go in the future.  Remember, economies macro and micro change daily.  Personal finances are impacted by these changes everyday. 

Contingency plan, another IF, assuming I can't buy at my price today.  Then I will earmark an amount I want to invest in FB, and place FB on my watch list and wait.  Buy when I can, at a reasonable price.  That is IF that is even possible.
Oh and if any of my stocks increase exponentially, my plan calls for me to sell all or a portion, reinvest the profit in a fixed income type fund to grow that money at a smaller rate and protect that profit.  Then reinvest my original investment in something else. 

Happy Facebook Friday everyone!

No comments: