Saturday, May 19, 2012

IPad or Apple Stock?

A question was asked sometime ago.  If you had a choice of a gift of and Ipad or one share of Apple stock, which would you choose? I would choose the share of Apple.  Which would you choose?

Facebook Friday and its IPO are now done.  For many it was a disappointment since the stock price did not "pop" as expected.  In fact the price actually dropped until it was shored up by the underwriters.  I think it had a lot to do with investor uncertainty of how FB will be able to monetize and crate the kind of profit that is expected.Plus many were looking to make a quick profit by selling on the "pop", which did not occur.  I believe that over time it will prove to be a good buy.

As for me, I was able to purchase a few shares which I plan to hold, with a wait and see approach.  If overtime this stock proves to be like Google or Apple... great for me!

No comments: