Monday, December 17, 2012

Monday Medley: O Come Emmanuel

Good Monday.  A week from today is Christmas Eve.  In honor of that I have decided to share with you one of my favorite Advent hymns. I remember  as a teenager, processing with the candle lighter each Sunday in Advent to a stanza of this hymn to light the Advent Wreath.  I also remember, as a young adult singing a solo part of this hymn in the church choir. Gone are those days, but this is one memory of my church life back the I look back upon with fondness.  Advent and Christmas traditions provide wonderful memories.  This year is about the memories.  What good memories of the season do you have?

 http://youtu.be/mxPynSu2LGE

This year, thanks to my friend and roommate, we have an elegant tree adorning our living room. Please see picture below.  It has red and gold ornaments, its gorgeous!
 

No comments: