Saturday, March 9, 2013

A Reason To Celebrate!

Next week I begin a new position with one of the hospitals I work for.  I will have a change in my classification.  Which means guaranteed hours per pay period,  benefits. I will stay non exempt which is good since I will still have shift differential,  holiday pay when I work a holiday, and overtime.  (not that they allow overtime) Did I mention benefits?  Something I really need!

Most of my hours will be at the hub Hospital, but I will still work a shift hour at the smallest Hospital in our system.  This will give me more hours, and I will still work flex-pool for the other health system. I may need to reevaluate that but I like the idea of keeping my foot in the door there. 

This has been a long time in coming.  I am relieved, and very pleased! Next I have an interview for admission to the Master of Theology program I have applied to. I hope to start this in the summer, and that most of my credits will transfer. However, I have discovered my Clinical courses will not transfer which is a disappointment. Also I may not be able to take the pastoral counseling courses I want for my electives in this program.  Though it maybe allowed, I hope!  So if you pray please pray for that to be allowed. its part of the reason I chose this school and degree.

I want to celebrate!

No comments: